Friday 19 April 2013

Where Did I Get To? - Endless Headache

So, a while ago I saw this amazing pattern for a baby blanket. It was in 4ply, which I'd never knitted with, and it was a stitch that I've never used before. I thought 'oh great that'll be a really good challenge, it can't take that long can it?' How wrong I was...

After 3 re-starts and countless unpicks I've just about got to the half way mark. It does look lovely so I'm rather proud of it. This is a rather sunny picture of what it looks like so far:


Its feather and fan stitch, on a 6 row pattern repeat. In other words, a headache when you start, but it definitely gets easier as you go along. I've also decided to knit it on circular needles, going back and forth, as it makes it easier to transport, and it can cover my knees and keep me nice and warm. I'm on my 4th ball out of 6, so there will be some updates still to come. Hope you like it so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment